As a Nurse Assistant, you will be an important part of today’s world of health care. Nursing Assistants work closely with patients, take vital signs, and help patients exercise, eat, dress and bathe. They work under the supervision of a nurse and play a key role in keeping the nurse up-to-date on vital information about patients’ conditions. Eveready Healthcare Training Center (EHTC) offers a six-week program that prepares graduates for certification as nursing assistants. The program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. Many nursing assistants continue their education to become nurses.
The Nurse Aide Program of Eveready Home Care offers a career mobility approach to nursing education that prepares graduates for Certification as Nursing Assistants, with knowledge and skills that are always in demand. The EHTC Nurse Assistant Training Program prepares individuals with the information and the experience needed to become a Nurse Assistant who will provide quality care for residents in long-term care facilities, hospitals, home health care and hospice settings.
We offer day classes in which students learn in a hands-on environment under the eyes of caring and professional nurses, bolstered by the Virginia Board of Nursing approved.
The EHTC Nurse Aide Program places a high emphasis on learning excellent communications skills and the Art of Caregiving to provide compassionate care for people in the health care system. Through lecture, DVDs, role-playing, and laboratory practice, students learn procedural skills such as vital signs, bathing, dressing and positioning. The classroom is equipped with hospital beds and medical equipment to practice skills prior to the clinical rotation.
At the completion of the program, the graduate is able to do the following
- Identify patientcare needs in all age groups.
- Provide safe, competent care utilizing appropriate knowledge, skill and abilities
- Communicate with clients, their family members, co-workers, and other members of the health care team.
- Assume acountability and responsibility for nursing assistant as a competent health care practitioner
• Small Class Sizes
• Accessible Locations (near public transportation)
• Hands-On Experience
• Licensed Instructors with Professional Experience
• Employment opportunity with Eveready Home Care
• Course Length 6 Weeks (20 days)
These listed items are required for all Prospective Eveready Healthcare Training Center (EHTC) Nurse Assistant Students
• Attend an open-house information session anytime during week days
• Entrance Exams (reading and math assessment) OR verification of High School diploma or GED
• Must pass Eveready Healthcare Training Center Criminal Background Check prior to registration
• Completion of EHTC physical form/TB test
Program Course Fee/Tuition: $1,000.00 includes:
• Academic course fee
• Text books
• Background check
• American Heart Association CPR, AED, and First Aid training
Additional requirements are the responsibility of the student
• Tuberculosis PPD testing or chest x-ray
• Certified Nurse Aid State Exam Fee on graduation – $94.00
• Letter of recommendation
In addition, the student must provide their own clinical day uniform which includes:
• Light blue scrubs
• White shoes
• Watch with a second hand
• Pen with black ink
To learn more or, please contact the EHTC Program Director, Alexander Obeng (703-496-4300)